A Message About Maintaining A Healthy Family HomeJune 24, 2021 | 1:28 pm
For over 50 years, the Tuckey Companies have carried a responsibility to serve our neighbors and our neighborhoods well. We take that responsibility very seriously. We’ve worked alongside you to help you provide a healthy family home and our commitment to that is paramount now more than ever.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to let you know about the steps that we are taking as a company to help limit the spread of the virus, and to protect you, our team members, and our community.
Based on guidance from the CDC, OSHA, and other relevant authorities, we have implemented the following policies and procedures. These are continually reviewed and updated as circumstances and guidance from health authorities evolve:
- Our team members will arrive at your doorstep wearing a face covering and will maintain face coverings at all times throughout their visit.
- Our team members follow a regimented, daily health screening to help ensure that nobody reports to work or any jobsite, including your home, with any indications of sickness.
- Technicians reporting to your home will wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) – which may include gloves, shoe covers, a variety of face coverings, and more – given the context of the situation. They will follow CDC recommendations regarding social distancing and hand hygiene.
- Our team members will practice proper hand hygiene, frequently washing their hands and/or utilizing hand sanitizer as appropriate.
- To help ensure the safety of our team, we ask clients to complete a basic screening process as well. Before our team arrives on-site, our dispatchers may inquire as to whether anyone living within your residence has experienced any of the following within the past 14 days:
1. Sought or received testing or treatment for COVID-19.
2. Been infected with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19.
3. Had close contact with a person infected with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19.
4. Experienced any COVID-19-related symptoms, which may include fever of 100.4+ degrees, cough or change in chronic cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, repeated shaking with chills, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea.
- If you happen to meet any of these criteria, we’d still be happy to serve you – but we may need to alter your project’s schedule or make other appropriate adjustments in order to do so as safely as possible. We appreciate your understanding in this regard!
You may be interested to note that our companies provide duct cleaning, indoor air quality products (including those that effectively reduce the presence of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID), as well as various HVAC-related air quality services to help ensure a healthy family home for you during this time. If you are interested in such services, please contact us.
This is an ever-changing situation, but we remain committed to exceeding your expectations in our service both in quality workmanship and clear, consistent communication. As additional information becomes available, we will update these procedures as necessary to protect the safety of our customers, our team members, and our community. On behalf of my team, thank you for your business and your understanding.
Kenneth L. Tuckey
Updated on September 10, 2021, June 24, 2021, and December 10, 2020. Originally published on April 27, 2020.
All material Copyrighted (c) by the Tuckey Companies, 2023.