HVAC System Fan Setting FAQs From Our ExpertsAugust 14, 2018 | 8:44 pm
Should I keep the “Fan” setting on my HVAC system on “Auto” – or is it better to just leave it “On” all the time?
- You use less energy by keeping the fan “on” continuously. It can be more advantageous for you to simply keep your system’s fan set to “on” rather than “auto.”
Why is there a temperature difference between rooms in my home?
- Your system may need to be properly balanced. If you’re still noticing a temperature difference, you may wish to leave your “fan” setting to “on” (rather than “auto”) so that the fan runs continuously.
If you utilize a specialized air filter in your HVAC system for health reasons, should you keep your HVAC system on all the time?
- You may wish to keep the fan in the “on” position rather than “auto.” This will continuously (rather than intermittently) push air through the filter, providing overall cleaner air in the building.
What setting should I keep my HVAC system on to keep air circulating throughout the home, even when the air is not being conditioned?
- Depending on the type and design of your system, keeping the fan on continuously may help the air conditioner to work less frequently, since temperature peaks and troughs will be avoided.
Do you use less energy by keeping your fan on continuously?
- Your fan uses the most energy when it starts up, and energy use declines during normal operation. You use less energy keeping it running rather than allowing it to turn on and off in “auto” mode.
Need professional help with any of this? Give Tuckey Mechanical Services, Inc. a call or fill out our online contact form – we’ve been assisting our Pennsylvania neighbors in Franklin, Adams, York, Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties for 50 years!
All material Copyrighted (c) by the Tuckey Companies, 2022.