How to Respond to Flood Damage in South Central PA
When you wake up or come home to a flooded basement or other water damage, the first thing to remember is to remain calm. Almost all water damage can be repaired, and getting those repairs started is a simple, three-step process:
3 Immediate Steps to Take After Water Damage
Here are the three basic steps you should take when water damage occurs:
- Assess the situation. If the situation puts you in danger — of electrical shock or otherwise — make sure you and your family stay safely away from danger. Take note of any damaged valuables. If it’s safe to do so, try to remove furniture and other objects from the flooded area.
- Call your insurance company or broker. A representative will open a claim for you and give you a list of flood restoration companies in your area. In all likelihood, if you live in Harrisburg, Chambersburg, or Carlisle, Tuckey Restoration will be on that list. If not, don’t worry — you can still count on us for expert, hassle-free repairs. Always remember that you may work with a restoration company of your choosing — one that you trust — regardless of your insurance carrier’s “preferred network.”
- Call Tuckey Restoration. In most cases, all we need is a claim number to get started. Whether or not we’re on their list of preferred vendors, we’ll contact your insurer directly to begin the repair process at once.
Frequently Asked Questions About Flood Cleanup in PA
If you are dealing with water damage, you may have questions about specific repairs and timelines. Here are expert answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding water remediation in PA:
- What are the common causes of flood damage? Flood damage may occur due to a wide range of causes, including severe weather, clogged gutters, burst or leaking pipes, supply line leaks, condensation or malfunctioning sprinklers.
- How long does flood restoration take? The duration of restoration will depend on the size and scope of the damage as well as the speed of response. A greater volume of water or a wider spread of damage will lead to a more complicated restoration.
- How does mold remediation work? Water damage may cause mold to grow, which will require professional mold remediation. If you notice mold, proceed carefully and call for help promptly, since mold may present a safety issue. When you call for help, a trained technician will perform an assessment. Next steps will be dependent upon the type, amount, and conditions surrounding your mold.
- How does personal property restoration work? Water may also damage your personal property. When that happens, you’ll need to seek personal property restoration services. Experts will clean, repair and deodorize items. A professional service may be able to repair textiles, photographs, furniture, electronics, documents and personal belongings.
We Are the Restoration Experts
Our team knows that flooding is as much a personal issue as it is a construction challenge. At Tuckey Restoration, we understand that the best service we can provide as a flood restoration company is to help you live as you normally would while repairs are in process. That means reducing the number of headaches, hassles and red tape — and it means working with your insurer to resolve your claim in a timely manner.
As part of our mission to make water damage restoration as painless as we can, we also help our customers with both phases of the process. Many companies offer only mitigation or reconstruction services. While mitigation addresses the direct aftermath of flooding, reconstruction gets the area back to its old appearance. Everyone needs both kinds of services after a flood, so why work with two different companies along the way? We’re pleased to be a full-service restoration contractor, handling both the mitigation -or “emergency response” – and reconstruction phases of your project.
We are a preferred vendor for a number of major insurance carriers and a member of national industry associations. Our company maintains memberships in the Restoration Industry Association, Associated Builders and Contractors, Disaster Kleenup International and Crawford Contractor Connection. Leveraging these world-class networks, we have the resources and experience to facilitate the timely and thorough resolution of your restoration project.
Contact Us Today
You don’t have to deal with water damage by yourself. Here at Tuckey Restoration, we provide 24/7 emergency service and professional home restoration in PA after an accident or disaster. Our detail-oriented and professional staff provide helpful and personal customer service and will be happy to help you learn more. For immediate service, please call the Tuckey Restoration hotline at (717)-249-7052 so we may help as soon as possible. If you have questions, complete our online contact form.
Do you have water damage in your home? Call us now!
Do you have water damage in your home after a flood or recent storm? The professionals at Tuckey Restoration stand ready to serve. Contact us 24/7/365.
Request Service Call Now